My overarching resolution for this year is (drumroll please):
To become the best version of myself for this year.
Essentially, I want to improve myself, to be ME, to not be ashamed of who I am and to do so in the context of 2010. Because frankly, people change. Who I am this year is not who I was in 2009, no is it who I’ll be in 2011 (or 2060).
I do have other goals too (not resolutions, per say) for this year. They are based on my values (read them here) and my roles (ie: wife/mother/daughter of God/sister/friend, etc). Here are the ones I have thought of, but I’m sure I’ll add more throughout the year.
- Work on financial peace (setting and keeping budgets, working to get out of debt, saving money, etc).
- Blog more (feeds my creativity/intelligence) with the goal of eventually writing a book about… something.
- Feed my creativity by taking the Wilton cake decorating classes and scrapbooking.
- Fully organize my home and develop cleaning habits so I’m never spending an entire month with my facebook status saying “Rachel is cleaning.. again”.
- Get in shape (not necessarily lose weight, just develop a fitness plan and stick to it).
- Spend time every day in some form of structured prayer. Reading religious books does not count.
What are your goals for this year? If you haven’t thought of any, don’t worry! Just because it’s already January 1st doesn’t mean you can’t join in!