“Things I have done right as a parent”
1. Please and Thank you. These are two things we hear often around our house.
2. When Grace gets sent to the corner, she cries a bit then comes and says “Sorry Mama” for whatever infraction she committed.
3. Grace’s list of favorite foods would include asparagus, broccoli, bananas, eggs. Despite my not so great diet during pregnancy, she loves good, whole, natural foods. Take THAT Science!
4. Jude’s crawling and he’s not even five months yet. (Yes, I know I can’t really take credit for it, but I will anyway thank you very much).
5. I say “I love you” to my kids every day.
6. I educate myself on parenting topics. I read relevant blogs, try to keep up on the science and am teaching myself the best I can so that I can be the best parent I can be.
7. Grace will throw trash in the trash can, and recyclables in the recycle bin. This is more than I can say for certain other people in our house.